4 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 ⅓ cups nonfat dry milk
¼ cup baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, dry milk, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in oil until evenly mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator in a closed container.
- To measure Master Mix for recipes, spoon it lightly into a measuring cup and level off with the flat edge of a knife or spatula.
- For best quality, use all the mix within a month.
- You can substitute margarine or butter for the oil. Cut 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons margarine or butter into small pieces and add it to the bowl of mixed dry ingredients. Use a fork or pastry blender to mash the margarine or butter into flour until the mixture is crumbly.
- Use with these Food Hero recipes: Master Mix Pancakes, Master Mix Biscuits, Veggie Quiche Muffins, Crustless Pumpkin Pie
I am very interested in this "Master Mix". I am wondering what all one can use it for? Are there certain Food Hero recipes that it is meant for? Can one use it in other various recipes?
I have used this recipe to make dumplings for my chicken dumpling soup. I use milk instead of water for my liquid but this recipe works great.