These were a hit for lunch at our women's shelter. They are colorful and easy to eat.
Sprinkle microgreens on the top for added nutrition, flavor and texture!
Try this sauce on sandwiches or tacos and for dipping raw veggies.
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon basil or cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped or grated vegetables (try a combination of broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, green pepper and bell pepper)
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, stir cream cheese until smooth. Stir in yogurt and seasonings. Refrigerate while preparing muffins and vegetables.
- Toast English muffin halves. Spread 1 Tablespoon sauce on each muffin half.
- Place about 3 Tablespoons vegetables on each muffin half. Shake or sprinkle about ½ teaspoon cheese over each muffin half, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.