This recipe sounds pretty good but I'm egg sensitive. I could not find a recipe for an eggless mayonnaise on this site, is there one? If not please you consider adding one. TIA
Tofu "Egg" Salad
- Press tofu and crumble into a bowl. Mix in celery and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and spices. Mix well.
- Add the dressing to the tofu mixture, and stir gently until combined.
- Use for sandwiches, wraps, and salad.
- Refrigerate within 2 hours.
We have a few eggless recipes on our site but that is not our focus. Mayonnaise substitutes without eggs are commercially available although they may be called spreads or dressing since mayonnaise is a legally defined food product. Read the ingredient list to be sure eggs are not included.
The Food Hero Team
Tried this recipe at an event recently. Wow I was really surprised by how tasty it is. I'll have to add it to my list to make at home now.
Instead of mayonnaise, I put an avocado in the food blender and used that. It still gave me some healthy fats and was yummy!