1. Wash hands with soap and water. Gather ingredient and cooking tools.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Scrub the parsnips and carrots with a clean vegetable brush under running water and peel if needed.
4. Cut the vegetables into 3 inch x ½ inch sticks or 1 inch thick slices. Aim for pieces that are about the same size.
5. Transfer the cut vegetables to a large bowl. Add the oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper and stir to evenly coat the pieces.
5. Place vegetables in a single layer on large baking sheet with at least 1/4 inch between the pieces.
6. Roast the vegetables in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, then stir and roast for another 10 to 15 minutes until tender and golden with some browning.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.