8 ounces egg noodles (4 1/2 cups dry)
2 cups frozen peas
1 can (5 ounces) tuna in water, drained
1 can (10.5 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
⅓ cup nonfat or 1% milk
1 Tablespoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
½ teaspoon onion powder
⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles using package directions. Add peas for last three minutes. Drain.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to drained noodles and stir well.
- Cook on low heat, stirring often, until heated through. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Cream of mushroom or cream of celery soup can be substituted for cream of chicken.
- Try whole wheat egg noodles for more fiber.
- Try adding other frozen or fresh vegetables with, or instead of, the peas.
- Reheat the casserole in the microwave if it has cooled before serving.
Love this recipe! So, so easy and quick. Make sure though to put the noodles in last as the directions say...tastes better that way. And i add lots of veggies too like grated carrots and sliced mushrooms and garlic. I cook them while the noodles are cooking and then stir them in when i add the noodles to the other ingredients. Oh, and I use cream of some kind of veggie soup with veggie bouillon.
I am a bumbling chef, but I still had no problem with this and bonus, it makes enough extra to freeze. And it handles Freezing very well. Pull one out that been in frinde for 4 weeks and it was still tasty! I always double up the recipt as I cant find cream cheese in 4 oz. Mostly cause I like to keep frige empty and freezer full :).
We've made some changes! No-Bake Tuna Casserole is now called Stovetop Tuna Casserole. We also adjusted the ingredients slightly to remove the cream cheese which removes some of the calories from fat.
The Food Hero Team
I have a dairy allergy but wanted to try this recipe. A coworker gave me home canned tuna, and I'd never had that or tuna casserole before, so I went for it. I made cashew cream by blending soaked cashews in hot water in my high speed blender. I added soy milk, and all the other ingredients. I also used gluten free pasta. This recipe was delicious!! My almost 2 year old has been loving it, and we both had seconds and thirds. I highly approve of it!
This is a quick and tasty dish! I used cream of mushroom soup and mixed vegetables (mushrooms, onion, bell pepper and green beans). The mustard and onion powder adds nice flavor.