1 chicken breast, about 1-inch thick
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
seasoning (such as salt, pepper, seasoning salt, onion powder or garlic powder)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Season the chicken. In a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the chicken for one minute on each side until lightly browned.
- Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Do not lift the lid.
- Turn off the heat. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Do not remove the lid.
- The chicken is safely cooked when the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F. Check in the thickest part with a food thermometer. If not done, cover and return to low heat for 3 to 5 minutes and check for doneness.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours or freeze for longer storage.
- Do not rinse raw chicken; cooking will kill bacteria.
- Wash hands and all surfaces and utensils after touching raw chicken.
Sounds delicious and easy.
So easy and every time I get perfectly cooked chicken, but what I love the most is I can easily make this and still interact with my kids and not worry about the chicken cooking perfectly....it will!
This recipe seems to yield perfect results every time.
So easy and with good results as long as final 10 minutes is adjusted for size of chicken breast.