- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Season the chicken. In a lightly oiled skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the chicken for one minute on each side until lightly browned.
- Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes. Do not lift the lid.
- Turn off the heat. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes. Do not remove the lid.
- The chicken is safely cooked when the internal temperature is at least 165 degrees F. Check in the thickest part with a food thermometer. If not done, cover and return to low heat for 3 to 5 minutes and check for doneness.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours or freeze for longer storage.
- Do not rinse raw chicken; cooking will kill bacteria.
- Wash hands and all surfaces and utensils after touching raw chicken.