3 ½ cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (2 medium)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil for quick clean up.
- In a large bowl, mix the sweet potato cubes with remaining ingredients so that each piece is coated.
- Arrange cubes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake until tender and golden, about 20 minutes. Stir or turn cubes after 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- No Italian seasoning? Use 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil and ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
The best! Kids gobbled these up!
These are a fabulous side dish. I didn't have Italian seasoning or oregano but swapped for 1/2 tsp rosemary and 1/2 tsp garlic salt and it turned out amazing. Rosemary and potatoes are so good together! I'm a big fan of potato skins so I left those on.
I also used Garnet sweet potatoes (bright orange inside). Looks like Hannah sweet potatoes would taste yummy too based on this recipe's picture (white/yellow inside). It took about 5-10 minutes longer for my sweet potatoes to be cooked thoroughly, so based on your oven and how small you dice your potatoes, these may take longer than 20 minutes to become soft. I cut mine in 1/2-1/4in. sized cubes and they were ready to eat after almost 30 minutes :)