Delicious; I've made it twice so far and my family loves it. I like to follow the suggestion uner "Notes" and grate a carrot in with the cabbage for color. You can also snip green onions diagonally with a pair of scissors over the top when it's done for a little fresh burst of flavor. But even plain it's a good reliable dish that tastes appealing. I like to use fresh garlic and ginger in my cooking, but for people who don't normally stock those items in their pantry, the dried spices are quite respectable.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add chicken strips and stir-fry, turning constantly until done.
- Add cabbage and stir until cabbage is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and seasonings. Add water and soy sauce; mix until smooth.
- Stir sauce into chicken and cabbage mixture.
- Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
This recipe video was created by the Oregon Farm Direct Nutrition Program.