1⁄2 cupchopped celery
2 cupsbroth (beef, chicken, or vegetable) (see notes)
- Add oil, celery, onion and bulgur to a medium skillet.
- Stir constantly over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet) until vegetables are tender and bulgur is golden brown.
- Add seasonings and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 minutes. Liquid should be gone. Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Add other vegetables such as peas, grated carrots, chopped bell peppers.
- Try additional flavors such as dill weed, oregano, sage, marjoram, or parsley.
Last updated: 09/22/15