2 cups diced pear (fresh or canned)
¼ cup chopped celery
½ cup chopped onion (try sweet onion)
¼ cup raisins
1 cup diced cooked chicken
2 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
⅛ teaspoon salt
dash of pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Serve now or chill until serving time.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try this as a wrap in a whole wheat tortilla.
- Try adding chopped nuts, such as walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts.
This is light and fresh! I had it over a bit of brown rice and will try it as a lettuce wrap next. I added a handful of chopped walnuts for texture and a dash of curry for a flavor twist.
This recipe is delicious! The pears and raisins offer a subtle sweetness, wihle the celery and onions add a nice crunch. I wrapped it up in a whole wheat tortilla with some lettuce and it made the perfect lunch.
We have had this one with a few variations: tuna in the place of chicken, canned chicken instead of fresh, and an apple instead of a pear. All of them were great!