- To cook tomatillos, you must first remove the dry skin that surrounds them. You have to rinse them well because they tend to be sticky.
- No serrano peppers? Try jalapeño peppers or other hot peppers.
- The spiciness of peppers can vary depending on the growing conditions. Peppers usually have a higher level of heat during hot summer months.
- No blender? Use a knife or grind with a stone, mortar or molcajete.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Thanks to the Food Hero Latinx Workgroup for this recipe.