Print Recipe Color
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
½ cup chopped celery
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup uncooked bulgur
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 cups low-sodium broth (any type) (see Notes)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Add oil, celery, onion and bulgur to a medium skillet.
- Stir constantly over medium heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet) until vegetables are tender and bulgur is golden brown.
- Add seasonings and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Broth can be canned or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Add other vegetables such as peas, grated carrot or chopped bell pepper.
- Try other flavors such as dill weed, oregano, sage, marjoram or parsley.