2 teaspoons oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups cooked turkey, 1/2 inch cubes
2 cups water
1 cup nonfat or 1% milk
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
2 cups dry macaroni
2 teaspoons dill weed
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup corn flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic
½ cup nonfat sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet) and saute onions until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook briefly, about 30 seconds.
- Add turkey, water, milk, soup, and peas; bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni, dill, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to low (225 degrees in an electric skillet) and cook 10-15 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While mixture is cooking, crush corn flakes in small bowl, mix in garlic powder and set aside.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and top with corn flake mixture.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try with cooked ground turkey.
- Try other vegetables such as green beans.
- No sour cream? Use plain yogurt.
Really enjoyed this recipe with some sour cream.
This one pan dish is so simple and a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken. My family enjoys it