5 cups shredded cabbage
2 cups chopped broccoli (or broccoli florets)
1 cup shredded carrot
1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
1 package chicken-flavored ramen noodles, crushed. Use seasoning packet for dressing.
1 ramen seasoning packet
3 Tablespoons vinegar (any type)
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, broccoli, carrot, green onion and uncooked ramen noodles.
- In a small bowl or jar with a tight lid, mix or shake together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix. Refrigerate until served.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add cooked chicken, tuna, tofu, nuts or another protein.
- Reduce sodium by leaving out the seasoning packet.
- Try low-fat Italian dressing instead of the dressing ingredients.
- No vinegar? Use lemon or lime juice.
Napa cabbage, sometimes called "Chinese cabbage," would be good in this, too!
This is very easy to make and it is tasty. I have found that kids really enjoy it too.
I've been making this recipe for years. A great way to get vegetables into my families' diet. I usually add sesame or sunglower seeds.
Our family loved this recipe! It tasted great the next day too. Super quick and flexible, some wanted chicken, some didn't. And we served it with rice.