I used to make chicken alfredo with the alfredo sauce in a can. But this tastes so much better - fresh and more flavor. AND healthier!
One-Pan Chicken Alfredo
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown chicken in oil.
3. Add flour, broth, milk, spices and pasta to skillet and stir well.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add broccoli, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender.
6. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
7. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try whole wheat pasta to increase fiber and make this a whole grain meal.
My kids love this recipe. My oldest daugher has lactose intolerance so I use lactose free milk and set aside a portion for her before I add the cheese. I do like to dice a small onion and brown it with the chicken.
I recently recommeded it to my sister for an event where she taught 35 high school cross country runners how to prepare healthy foods. She reported that they loved it; no leftovers could be found!
Such a good and easy recipe. Oh yeah and healthier! Every other recipe I see for alfredo sauce includes butter so I'm glad this one didn't. I'm more of an inexperienced cooker so I first I was worried why the consistency was a bit watery but if you let it cook that goes away.
Hi my name is Sydeny, I made this recipe in the video above.This is a really yummy recipe and fun to make. My brother and cousin loved eating it!