This was actually quite delicious, even though at first I thought, "Why mess with watermelon? It's perfect as is!" The combination of lime/chili and sweet melon was so refreshing, I ended up eating much more than I normally would have. I tried this recipe with cantaloupe, and it was just as tasty, too.
- Try with a mix of fruit and veggies such as other melons, pineapple, cucumber and mango.
- No lime juice? Try a spice mix that combines lime and chili powder.
2 cups cubed watermelon, seeds removed
¼ teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Put watermelon cubes in a serving bowl. Squeeze lime juice over watermelon.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and salt, if desired. Stir gently and serve right away.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.