1⁄3 cupvegetable oil
1⁄4 cuppowdered milk
4 cupsuncooked, old-fashioned rolled oats
1⁄2 cupsunflower seeds
- Warm oil and honey in a skillet for one minute over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add powdered milk and vanilla.
- Stir in oats and sunflower seeds, and mix until coated with oil and honey mixture. Heat over medium heat. Stir until oatmeal is slightly brown.
- Take off heat. Stir in raisins.
- Cool mixture. Store in an airtight container (jar or plastic bag).
- Try baking this dish instead. Once the first six ingredients are combined transfer to a baking pan and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for twenty minutes or until golden brown, stirring half way through.
- Try adding any of these ingredients: one teaspoon cinnamon, chopped nuts, dried fruit, wheat germ, or coconut.
- Serve with milk, yogurt, ice cream, and/or fresh or canned fruit.
- Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old.
Last updated: 12/17/14