- Heat pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add vegetable oil and chicken, and cook until no longer pink when cut.
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees in electric skillet).
- Add tomatoes with juice, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or pasta.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
No chili sauce? Make your own and reduce sodium using these ingredients:
- 1 can (8-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder