1 poundboneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tablespoonvegetable oil
1 can(14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
1 cupchili sauce (about 9 ounces)
1large green pepper, chopped
2ribs celery, chopped
1small onion, chopped
2 clovesgarlic, minced, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoondried basil
1 teaspoondried parsley
1⁄4 teaspooncayenne pepper
- Heat pan over medium-high heat (350 degrees in an electric skillet). Add vegetable oil and chicken, and cook until no longer pink when cut.
- Reduce heat to medium (300 degrees in electric skillet).
- Add tomatoes with juice, chili sauce, green pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or pasta.
- No chili sauce? Make your own and reduce sodium using these ingredients:
1 can (8-ounce) tomato sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
Last updated: 07/02/15