1 ½ Tablespoons margarine or butter
½ head cabbage, shredded (about 6 cups)
2 medium carrots, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet, heat margarine or butter on medium-high heat. Add cabbage and carrots; sauté until tender but crisp, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Enjoy with different seasonings. Try cumin, garlic, onion, paprika, parsley, thyme or any mix.
- Make this a meal by serving with whole grains and a protein, such as Food Hero Stovetop Brown Rice and Baked Tofu.
This is my go-to veggie side dish! I use chopped carrots instead of shredded and just cook them in the pan for a couple minutes before adding the cabbage.
This is a great side dish, especially when you have a lot of cabbage to use up. I like to add diced onion, I sauté it a bit first before I add the cabbage and carrots.