1 cupquinoa (dry)
2 cupswater or low-sodium vegetable broth
3 tablespoonsminced parsley
1⁄2 cuprice vinegar
1 tablespoonvegetable oil
2 clovesgarlic, finely chopped
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh wire strainer under running water for 1 minute.
- Bring the water or broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Slowly add the quinoa and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the vegetables and place them in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Add quinoa to the vegetables. Add the dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 02/28/14