½ pound turnips, peeled and diced
1 pound potatoes, peeled and cubed
¼ cup light sour cream or buttermilk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil turnips and potatoes in enough water to cover until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain vegetables and mash.
- Stir in sour cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try with parsnips instead of turnips.
Doubled this recipe using 1/4 cup of both light sour cream and buttermilk as I couldn't decide which to use. Turned out great and everyone loved it!