VideoCooking for a Crowd
Cooking for a Crowd
Use these recipe sheets to prepare for larger groups:
1 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup low-fat plain or flavored yogurt
½ cup nonfat or 1% milk
½ cup berries, fresh or frozen
½ cup chopped apple (about 1/3 a medium apple [3” diameter])
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, yogurt and milk.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6 to12 hours. For grab-and-go breakfasts, place scoops of mixture in small dishes or spoon into small containers with lids.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other fresh, frozen, or canned fruits.
Oatmeal is my favorite food for breakfast, so this is a good recipe for the hot summer-time! I use any fruit I have on hand.
This recipe goes great with Food Hero's Not Your Everyday Apples when the apples are prepared ahead of time and served cold as a topping for the oatmeal.
This is such an easy recipe for a quick breakfast. It stores well too, so it could easily be made Sunday night and eaten several mornings in the week. I have never had an issue with it being too thick, but that could easily be amended by adding a little extra milk to get the preferred texture.