I've been making this recipe for quite some time, and it's great. I usually don't add the salt, and we mix it in with steel cut oats, sometimes adding coconut and walnuts or pumpkin seeds for added protein. It can be a savory or sweet dish, depending on what you like. I've served it at dinner with braised kale or chard and a protein dish and it was also great. Kids and adults loved it!
2 cups winter squash cubes
2 cups apple cubes
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until squash is soft.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Recipe adapted from Nutrition Matters.