Oven French Toast
12 sliceswhole grain bread
1 cupnon-fat or 1% milk
1⁄4 cuppacked brown sugar
- Spray a cookie sheet with sides or two 9x13 inch pans with cooking spray.
- Lay the slices of bread flat on the pan with the sides touching.
- Beat egg, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla until very well blended.
- Pour mixture over bread.
- Turn each slice over to ensure both sides are wet.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or bake immediately at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar (optional).
- Serve hot. Top with applesauce, fresh fruit or yogurt.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 07/02/13