One Pan Spaghetti
1⁄2 poundlean ground beef
3 1⁄2 cupswater
1 can(15-ounce) tomato sauce
2 teaspoonsdried oregano
1⁄2 teaspoongarlic powder or 2 garlic cloves
2 cups(12 ounces) broken spaghetti
1 cup(4 ounces) shredded parmesan cheese
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Drain fat.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and spices; bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
- Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
- Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan.
Last updated: 06/22/15