One Pan Spaghetti
- Brown meat and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat (300 degrees F in an electric skillet). Drain fat (see Notes).
- Stir in water, tomato sauce and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, cover pan, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
- When spaghetti is tender, top with grated cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try ground turkey or small cooked shrimp for the meat.
- Try whole-wheat pasta to increase fiber.
- Use cheddar cheese in place of parmesan.
- Pour fat from cooked meat into a metal container. Let it cool, then dispose of it in a garbage can.