2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon basil
¼ teaspoon rosemary
¼ teaspoon salt
pepper to taste
1 cup 1% or nonfat milk
2 cups frozen green beans
2 cups cooked new potatoes
½ cup sliced mushrooms
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan; blend in flour.
- Slowly add basil, rosemary, salt, pepper, and milk.
- Cook and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add beans, potatoes and mushrooms and heat through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try adding other seasonings with the milk, such as oregano and garlic.
- No new potatoes? Use any cooked potatoes, cut into pieces.
- Try using other vegetables, such as frozen peas or asparagus cuts.
This recipe was a nice way to incorporate green veggies into my kids's diet.
This is super easy to make, and it is a great side dish for any meal!
Interesting flavor (rosemary). I'll probably experiement with spices to find which one really works for me. It is a very creamy dish, and stayed that way (didn't get clumpy, like I expected it would) thoughout the meal.