Skip to main content
- Substitute ripe pears for apples.
- Serve warm topped with vanilla yogurt.
Nutrition Facts: View Label
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3 cups sliced apples (about 2 apples, 3-inch diameter, peeled)
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Wash hands with soap and water. Gather ingredients and cooking tools.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves, if desired.
- Cut in margarine or butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture in the baking pan. Top with apple slices and raisins and sprinkle with sugar. Spread remaining crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Cool and cut into 12 bars.
You might also like...
Glazed Carrots and Snow Peas