- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 7"x11" baking pan.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
- Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Spread half of the crumb mixture in the baking pan. Top with apple slices and sprinkle with sugar. Spread remaining crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute ripe pears for apples
- Serve warm topped with vanilla yogurt