Very good! So easy to make and not too vinegary like a lot of bean salads. I used green beans, lima beans, garbanzos, and red kidney beans for mine with some finely diced sweet onion and red bell pepper. Great salad for warm weather and a great way to get your vegetables and fiber.
- Try adding seasonings such as cilantro, cumin or oregano.
- Try a mix of beans such as wax, garbanzo, red kidney and green beans.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, mix together vinegar, sugar and oil. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add beans and vegetables and gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. For more flavor, make a day ahead.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.