Sweet Potato Pumpkin Soup
1 teaspoonvegetable oil
1 cupchopped onion
1 teaspoonground ginger
1⁄2 teaspooncurry powder
1⁄4 teaspoonground cumin
1⁄4 teaspoonground nutmeg
2cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 clove garlic minced
2 cupssweet potato, peeled and cubed
2 cupslow-sodium, fat free chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 1⁄2 cupswater
1 can(15-ounce) pumpkin
1 cupnon-fat or 1% milk
3 tablespoonsreduced fat sour cream
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger, curry, cumin, nutmeg, and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the sweet potato, broth, water, and pumpkin and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is soft, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the milk until heated through (don’t boil).
- Ladle into bowls and top with 1/2 tablespoon low-fat sour cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 08/24/15