Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken
8 ounceswhole wheat spaghetti noodles
3 Tablespoonssoy sauce
2 Tablespoonsrice vinegar
1⁄4 cupvegetable oil
3 clovesminced garlic or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1⁄2 cupsfresh or frozen broccoli
1 1⁄2 cupscooked, diced chicken breast
1 Tablespoonsesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, toast sesame seeds in a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly and cook until light brown.
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat (300 degrees in an electric skillet). Add garlic and broccoli, and cook on medium until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until heated through.
- Add drained pasta and soy sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute diced tofu or a can of drained garbanzo beans for chicken.
- No broccoli? Use peas, green beans, or mixed veggies.
- Flavor boosters: red chili flakes, sliced green onions, and/or a teaspoon of sesame oil.
Last updated: 11/10/15