Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken
8 ounceswhole wheat spaghetti noodles
3 tablespoonssoy sauce
2 tablespoonsrice vinegar
1⁄4 cupvegetable oil
1 tablespoonminced garlic
12 ouncesfrozen broccoli
1 1⁄2 cupscooked, diced chicken breast
1 tablespoontoasted sesame seeds
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Mix together sugar, soy sauce, and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan or skillet. Add garlic and broccoli, and cook on medium until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until heated through.
- Add pasta and soy sauce mixture, and mix well. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Substitute diced tofu or a can of drained garbanzo beans for chicken.
- No broccoli? Use peas, green beans, or mixed veggies.
- Flavor boosters: red chili flakes, sliced green onions, and/or a teaspoon of sesame oil.
Last updated: 01/16/14