1 poundsmall red potatoes, skins on
2 teaspoonsoil or cooking spray
8 ounceslean ground turkey (15% fat)
1⁄2 teaspoonchili powder
1⁄2 cupreduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 cuplettuce, shredded
3⁄4 cupcucumber, peeled and diced
1 Tablespooncilantro, chopped
- Slice potatoes into small circles about 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly coat the potato slices with oil (or spray for 3 seconds with cooking spray).
- Arrange slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes, depending on desired darkness.
- Meanwhile, add ground turkey and chili powder to a skillet. Cook, stirring over medium heat (300 in an electric skillet) for 8-10 minutes or until turkey browns.
- Remove potatoes from the oven.
- Transfer baked potatoes to a casserole dish or an oven-safe dish. Top with turkey and sprinkle with cheese. Put back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, and salsa.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Last updated: 07/10/15