I've been making an effort to get enough protein for breakfast each day and this recipe is a big help because it is so easy and filling. I like being able to put this together the night before and know the clean-up is easy. I have used fresh and frozen berries, applesauce, fresh and canned peaches and pears. I usually use plain Greek yogurt and change the spices to try different flavors. Sometimes I add chopped nuts or pumpkin or sunflower seeds.
Overnight Oats for One
1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup yogurt
1/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons dry milk
dash of cinnamon or other spice
1⁄2 cup bite-sized cut fruit (fresh, canned or frozen)
- In a small bowl or 12-ounce mug, mix oats, yogurt, milk, dry milk and cinnamon.
- Add the fruit now or add just before eating.
- Cover and refrigerate oatmeal mixture for 6 to12 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other fresh, frozen or canned fruits.