Fruit and Nut Slaw
5 cups thinly sliced cabbage (about 1 1/2 pounds or 1⁄2 small head – try a mix of red and green)
1⁄2 cup dried fruit (cranberries or raisins work well)
1 carrot, washed, peeled and grated
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
2 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced apples (about 1 1/3 medium apples [3” diameter])
1⁄4 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- Mix cabbage, dried fruit and carrots in a large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix vinegar, sugar, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cabbage mixture.
- Add apple and nuts just before serving. Mix well.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
8 cupsNutrition Facts: View Label
Last updated: 07/02/20