2 clovesgarlic, minced
2 cupsfresh mushrooms, sliced
1 can(8 ounce) corn, drained and rinsed
1 can(15.5 ounce) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can(8 ounce) tomato sauce
1 can(14.5 ounce) stewed tomatoes
1⁄2 cupbulgur, uncooked
1 teaspoondried oregano
1 teaspoonground cumin
1 teaspoonchili powder
1 cupcheddar cheese, grated (low fat)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, and mushrooms and saute until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until bulgur is soft, 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Use kidney or black beans instead of pinto beans.
- Top with light sour cream.
Last updated: 01/08/14