Yummy!!! We used black beans which gave great color. And orange juice for the juice. We didnt have cilantro or parsley so left that out. It was great right away to eat, and the flavors did get even better the next day. Served it with the Food Hero Fish and Spinach Bake which was the perfect match!
- One large ear of corn makes about 1 cup of cut corn.
- Freeze extra lime or lemon juice to use later.
- Cook your own dry beans. 1 cup dry black beans will make about 3 cups cooked black beans.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.
- Place any extra cooked barley in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week or freeze. Add cooked barley to soups, stews, casseroles and salads for a healthful fiber boost.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix barley with remaining ingredients, except garnish, in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley sprigs, if desired, and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.