We love mashed potatoes and l like adding the yogurt and garlic powder for a change of pace.
- 1 1⁄2 pounds potatoes, peeled if desired and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium broth or milk
- 2 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon margarine or butter (optional)
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a medium saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water.
3. Bring water to a boil and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
4. Drain and mash the potatoes, then stir in broth or milk, yogurt or sour cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper and margarine or butter, if desired.
5. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.