Apple Spice Baked Oatmeal
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serving Size 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches
Nutrition Facts: View Label(s)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil or spray an 8" x 8" baking pan.
- Combine the egg, applesauce, milk, vanilla and oil in a bowl. Add the apple.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rolled oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to the liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Return to oven and broil for 3 to 4 minutes until top is browned and the sugar bubbles.
- Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
Substitute other fruit for the apple. Try bananas, pears, blueberries or a mixture.