Delicious & flavorful. Needs a touch more vinegar. Good, maybe less soy. Not an easy sell to my kids. Good. Better for warm weather. Tasty. Needs a bit more color. Better if sauce made separately then toss with sauteed broccoli.
- Toast sesame seeds (if using) in a dry skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté broccoli in oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add the sauce mixture to the broccoli in the skillet. Stir and cook until broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (optional). Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.