1 Tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
2 Tablespoons water
1 Tablespoon vinegar
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon corn starch
⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame oil or vegetable oil
3 cups chopped broccoli (fresh or frozen)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Toast sesame seeds (if using) in a dry skillet on medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté broccoli in oil over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Add the sauce mixture to the broccoli in the skillet. Stir and cook until broccoli is tender and the sauce has thickened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if desired. Serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Try other vegetables such as green beans.
Delicious & flavorful. Needs a touch more vinegar. Good, maybe less soy. Not an easy sell to my kids. Good. Better for warm weather. Tasty. Needs a bit more color. Better if sauce made separately then toss with sauteed broccoli.