I made this into delicious pumpkin-pecan muffins. I omitted the 1 cup of white sugar and added about 1/2 cup chopped pecans. Tastes like fall!
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 ½ x 4 ½ -inch bread pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar and sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until the dry ingredients become moistened. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and spread into the corners.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on a rack. Slice to serve.
- Wrap in plastic or foil to store for several days or freeze for up to a month.