- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Slice bananas into 1/8 to 1/4-inch slices.
- OPTIONAL: Dip banana slices into fruit juice to reduce browning. Sprinkle with cinnamon or other flavorings if desired.
- Dry until pieces bend like thick leather and no longer feel sticky.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container or bag.
Oven Instructions: Set oven to lowest temperature possible (175 to 200 degrees F). Use convection bake if available. Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a wire rack or baking sheet. A wire rack will help the banana dry faster. A baking sheet takes longer and pieces need to be turned part way through drying. Drying takes 1 to 3 hours.
Dehydrator Instructions: Arrange banana slices in a single layer on dehydrator racks. Set dehydrator to 135 degrees F. Drying takes 6 to 12 hours.