2 cans(15 ounces) black-eyed peas or black beans
1 can(15 ounces) corn
1 bunchgreen onions (5 green onions)
1 tablespooncanola or vegetable oil
2 tablespoonsvinegar or lime juice
1⁄2 teaspooneach salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the black-eyed peas (or black beans) and corn.
- Finely chop the cilantro and green onions.
- Dice the tomatoes and avocados.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, vinegar or lime juice, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over salad ingredients and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Serve with your favorite meal or as a snack with tortilla chips.
- Try adding other vegetables such as sweet or hot peppers or zucchini.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.
Last updated: 08/14/15