I used whole wheat flour instead of white. Didn't have much flavor. Might help to add cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats and buttermilk and set aside to soak.
- Add egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract, if desired, to the oats mixture; beat well. Stir in the carrot.
- In another medium bowl, stir together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to oats mixture and stir gently. If it seems too thick add a small amount of milk.
- Lightly grease a large skillet or griddle and heat over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet). For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto the hot skillet or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles come to the surface of the pancake and the edges begin to dry. Turn over and cook other side until golden brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.