¾ cup frozen blueberries
1 ripe banana
1 cup vanilla soy milk
3 ounces silken tofu
½ cup orange juice (juice from 1 orange)
1 teaspoon lime juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Puree until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Add 2-3 more teaspoons of lime juice for more tartness.
- Freeze extra lime juice to use later.
- Can use almond milk instead of milk
I was a little scared to try this... but it was actually really good! I encourage you to give it a shot!
This is an absolute favorite of mine, I do this all the time with my classes in schools, especially preschool-1st grade and they love it! They always ask for seconds, personally I do prefer almond milk but either way I love that this recipe is dairy free, makes it very easy for me to use. 10 out of 10 would recommend.
The silken tofu was surprisingly tasteless! The end product amazing and filled me right up.
I didn't have limes or soymilk OR orange juice. However, I simply peeled an entire orange to make up for the lack of tartness from the lime, used flaxmilk instead (my personal favorite) and it turned out AMAZING! Using the entire orange instead of tediously squeezing the juice or buying orange juice made the smoothie even tastier and added more fiber :) it was a win-win!