I will be trying this recipe next week with my teen parent class. I am so excited to make it!
- Broth can be made at home, purchased in a can or box, or made using bouillon. For each cup of broth use 1 cup very hot water and 1 teaspoon or 1 cube bouillon.
- Instead of chicken use turkey or another 2 cups of cooked beans.
- Cook your own dry beans. One can (15 ounces) is about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups drained beans.
- Serve with hot sauce or black pepper.
- Try adding cilantro on top for more flavor.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium heat. Sauté the chicken, onion and garlic until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the beans, broth, chiles and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for about a minute. Stir in sour cream and milk.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.