1 medium banana, peeled fresh or frozen
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple, drained
½ cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1 small pepper)
2 cups frozen mixed berries
1 cup water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve Immediately.
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours.
- For a sweeter smoothie reserve and add juice from the canned pineapple. Use less water if adding juice.
- Use any combination of berries.
I tried this with a class of adults and the bell pepper flavor was pretty intense, almost overwhelming. It was better when we diluted the smoothie with more juice (we added orange juice), but still not a class favorite.
I took this recipe to my event last Saturday, and it was very well received. People were surprised to know that the smoothie had bell pepper, but they loved it. They were asking for the recipe because they wanted to make it at home.
This is a super simple smoothie recipe that sneaks in vegetables without noticing too much. The beet flavor can be a little overwhelming but you can easily fix this by adding a little more of a favorite ingredient.