REALLY enjoyed this salad and super easy/quick! Made it with Peanutty African Stew for dinner and it was a great success. To be honest I didn't measure out the salad ingredients but simply put the ingredients into a salad bowl in an amount I knew would be big enough to feed the family. Then did of course measure out the salad dressing ingredients -- great dressing! Will make again even for other salad fixings. Strawberries and oranges were on sale this week so this was an extra special recipe. Oh, and for the OJ in the dressing I just squeezed a half an orange leftover from making the salad and got the juice I needed.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash and dry spinach, tear into pieces and chill.
- To prepare orange: Cut off peel and membrane of outer part of the sections. Using a paring knife, gently cut out sections from membrane edges. This will make orange sections with no outer membrane.
- In a small bowl or a jar with a tight fitting lid, add all dressing ingredients. Mix or shake well and set aside.
- Right before serving, toss orange sections and strawberries with walnuts and spinach. Add dressing to coat salad. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.