Wow, this is GREAT! We tried it with canned salmon once and found out the family doesn't like that so much. BUT when we tried it with tuna it was a huge hit with everyone who liked tuna. So yummy. And low-cost but seems really fancy :).
1 ½ cups whole grain pasta (try shells, elbow, or bow tie)
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 can (5 ounces) canned salmon, drained (about 1/2 cup cooked fresh salmon)
2 small tomatoes, chopped
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, then set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, heat margarine or butter in a medium skillet over medium heat (300 F degrees in an electric skillet). Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add cooked pasta, salmon, tomato, lemon juice, parsley and salt. Cook until heated through.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.