Tastes Great! This dish has a strong vegetable flavor and the garnish matches very well with the veggies. The vegetables were very yummy and not soggy! Definitely recommend this dish to anyone who loves vegetables!
Greens with Carrots
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash greens and separate leaves from stems if needed. Slice stems crosswise, if using. Chop or slice leaves into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (350 degrees F in an electric skillet).
- Add carrots and stems, if desired; cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add greens, salt, pepper, coriander and cayenne, if desired. Stir often.
- When greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
I make this recipe all the time. I grate my carrots. So good! I could eat these greens everyday!
This is a really tasty meal. We have been doing this recipe with fourth graders and the absolutely love it. We have been preparing it with broccoli slaw and they think it is a noodle stir fry. This is a must try!
I love this recipe so much! I could eat it every night!
In February, I was teaching a Cooking Matters class to a group of people from the Micronesian Islands, this recipe was one of their favorites of the series. A couple of people said, I didn't know kale could taste so good!